Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF)
Are you a homeless veteran, or at risk of becoming a homeless veteran?
We provide eligible Veteran families with outreach, case management, and assistance in obtaining VA and other benefits, which may include:
- Rental Assistance
- Utility-fee Payment Assistance
- Deposits (Security or utility)
- Moving Costs (case by case basis)
- Purchase of emergency supplies
- Transportation services
- Health care services
- Child care services
- Legal services
- The Veteran or Veteran household must be low income, below 50% of the area median income level.
- The Veteran must have or be eligible for a source of income that will support stable housing.
- The Veteran must have a discharge other than dishonorable. Proof of veteran discharge status (DD-214 or other VA documentation) must be provided prior to enrollment.
- Currently residing in permanent housing, and at risk of becoming homeless.
- Currently homeless or recently exited permanent housing and scheduled/able to become a resident of permanent housing within 90 days (For example, living in a shelter, on the street or in temporary housing with an apartment identified).
- Exited permanent housing in the previous 90 days to seek other housing that is responsive to their needs.
Mission: Veterans Village of San Diego serves America’s veterans in overcoming homelessness and related challenges.