Veterans Village of San Diego
Veterans Rehabilitation Center (VRC)
This program is designed to help our veterans break the cycle of pain, anger and self-destructive behavior that comes along with drinking, drug abuse and unemployment.
We assist our veterans in identifying a new way of life with new patterns of thinking, living and feeling.
Formulated as a social model rehabilitation program, the VRC is integrated with structured case management and individualized counseling that simultaneously addresses:
This Continuum of Care rehabilitation is divided into phases:
- Assessment and Rehabilitation Phase
- Recovery and Rehabilitation Phase
- Employment Development Phase
- Community Reintegration Phase
VVSD Clinical Rehabilitation Team Provides:
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Individual, Group, Couples, and Family Therapy
- Consultation, Referral and collaboration with medical providers
USMC VETERAN WAS HOMELESS AND HOPELESS PRIOR TO COMING TO VRC.
HE TALKS ABOUT HIS REHABILITATION AND HOW OTHER VETS CAN BENEFIT.
PRESIDENT/CEO PHIL LANDIS GIVE A QUICK TOUR
OF THE VETERANS REHABILITATION CENTER
VTC provides an intensive substance use disorder rehabilitation program that also incorporates specialized tracks matched to the individual needs of each of our veterans:
- Combat Track – Veteran received either hostile or friendly fire while serving in a war zone during his/her military service
- Co-Occurring Track – Veteran has significant behavioral health issues in addition to a substance use disorder
- Chronic Relapse Track – Veteran has a history of difficulty maintaining long term sobriety and/or has experienced multiple unsuccessful rehabilitation attempts
Veteran Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- Veterans from all branches of service
- Verified homelessness (see attached homeless verification form)
- Significant substance use issues
We believe intensive rehabilitation leads to self-sustaining independence,
the maximizing of human potential and a meaningful, fulfilling life.
Our veterans are worthy of nothing less.