Behavioral Health and Wellness
Veterans accepted into our rehabilitation program are assigned their own mental health intern or licensed therapist.
Together they complete an individualized Comprehensive Clinical Assessment to identify specific rehabilitation needs and individual concerns. Ongoing counseling after the initial assessment is available to address these individual rehabilitation concerns.
Supportive counseling includes individual, and group sessions with couple and family sessions available once the veteran has stabilized in rehabilitation.
The evidenced based rehabilitation we provide include:
- Cognitive Behavioral therapy (CBT)
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT)
- Prolonged Exposure (PE)
- Motivational Interviewing
- Solution Focused interventions
- Mantram Repetition
VVSD also provides continued supportive aftercare counseling once the veteran completes the program to assist with making the transition into the community.
VVSD’s rehabilitation program is proud to offer a wide variety of additional complementary rehabilitation options to ensure that every veteran is served.
These options include:
- Expressive Arts
- Tai Chi
- Guitars for Vets music program
- Equine Assisted Therapy
- Team RWB (Team Red White and Blue) outdoor activities (Hiking, surfing, running, etc.)
- Volunteer service opportunities