Welcome Home Family Program
286 Euclid Avenue, Suite 209
San Diego, CA 92114-3612
VVSD’s first-of-its kind Welcome Home Family Program provides homeless families with the tools necessary to set and attain goals leading to independence.
The Welcome Home Family Program provides the necessary life skills such as positive parenting and community involvement, in a clean and sober supportive environment to strengthen, encourage and prepare families in transition from dysfunctional unhealthy living and active addiction to becoming drug free productive healthy successful families.
Our clients are provided with transitional housing and taught the skills necessary to seek, obtain and maintain permanent employment. Our program assures that each client has the working knowledge required for success in independent living.
- Homeless single female veterans, homeless female veterans with a family, with substance abuse issues
- Minimum of 90 days sobriety, preferably completion of residential rehabilitation
- Employment motivated
Applicants must be willing to participate in the full program. The program includes:
- Working with a case manager to plan and maintain a healthier, more productive lifestyle.
- Participants should expect to develop and follow a solid recovery pan
- Engage in individual and group therapy
- Improve their independent and social living skills.
- New residents will work with the Job Development Team to become employed within 45 days of entering the program.
The Welcome Home Family Program has transitional housing with major assistance from the Veterans’ Administration. This housing is in a structured community setting. Residents are held accountable for maintaining the apartments and grounds.
VVSD’s Employment & Training Department has close working relationships with numerous employers, temporary agencies and job training programs. VVSD assists residents with finding jobs and provides vocational counseling in addition to training in:employed people
- Job Preparedness
- Dressing for Success
- Resume Writing
- Interview Skills
- Job Search Skills
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- MSW & MFT Interns and Trainees
- Certified Addiction Specialists (CAS)
Residents of VVSD’s Welcome Home Family Program will work in individual and group sessions with the counseling staff. Areas of focus include:
- Goal Development
- 12-step Programs and Relapse Prevention
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Individual Issues
- Anger Management
- Relationship and Family Problems
Mission: Veterans Village of San Diego serves America’s veterans in overcoming homelessness and related challenges.