Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for an SUD Counselor / Case Manager to work with our SITH program. If you love working with veterans, desire to make a difference every day, perhaps this position is for you!
The selected candidate will need to;
• Perform intake interviews, assessments and refer clients to appropriate community resources
• Perform individual addiction counseling and case-manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
• Facilitate structured didactic groups and process groups
• Assist residents with individual treatment planning
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Currently be registered or certified as an SUD counselor
• Must have completed SUD studies and internship
• Basic understanding of Veterans benefits and issues.
• Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery process.
• Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
• Valid California driver’s license, vehicle insurance
• Must be able to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Veteran Status a Plus!
• Candidate must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen prior to any offer of employment
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.