Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for an AOD Case Manager to work with our Clinical Treatment program. If you love working with veterans, desire to make a difference every day, perhaps this position is for you!
• Available to work Tuesday through Saturday (40 hours per week)
• Perform intake interviews, assessments and refer clients to appropriate community resources
• Perform individual addiction counseling and case-manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
• Facilitate structured didactic groups and process groups
• Assist residents with individual treatment planning
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Currently be registered or certified as an AOD counselor
• Must have completed AOD studies and internship
• Basic understanding of Veterans benefits and issues.
• Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery process.
• Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
• Valid California driver’s license, vehicle insurance
• Must be able to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Veteran Status a Plus!
• Candidate must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen prior to any offer of employment
Veterans Village of San Diego has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
Application Procedure: submit cover letter and resume to: HR@vvsd.net, please put in subject line: AOD Case Manager, CTP or you may Fax resume and cover letter to (619) 393-2060 Attn: Human Resources.
If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years. VVSD is an EEOC employer.