PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Our Alcohol and Drug Case Manager is pivotal to the success of our clients. You will build rapport with our clients, trouble shoot barriers to treatment, and make sure each client is utilizing the components of his/her service plan.
- • Performing intake interviews, assessments and referring clients to appropriate community resources.
- • Performing individual addiction counseling and manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
- • Facilitating structured didactic groups and process
- • Assisting residents with individual treatment
- • Other duties as assigned by your
- • Be registered or certified as an AOD
- • Completed AOD studies and an accredited institution
- • Basic understanding of Veterans’ benefits and culture
- • Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery
- • Ability to fluently read, write, and communicate in
- • Possess a valid California Driver’s License and vehicle
- • Ability to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by your
- • Being a Veteran is definitely a PLUS, but not required!