PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is currently hiring AOD Case Managers for the Drug Medi-Cal program. Selected candidates must be available to work the following shifts.
- • Day Shift
- • Swing Shift
- • Weekends
Our Alcohol and Drug Case Managers are pivotal to the success of our clients. You will build rapport with our clients, trouble shoot barriers to treatment, and make sure each client is utilizing the components of his/her service plan
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Performing intake interviews, assessments and referring clients to appropriate community resources.
- Performing individual addiction counseling and manage all assigned clients through their treatment completion and follow-up.
- Facilitating structured didactic groups and process groups.
- Assisting residents with individual treatment planning.
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
The right Case Manager will be able to meet these qualifications:
- Be registered or certified as an AOD
- Completed AOD studies and an internship.
- Basic understanding of Veterans’ benefits and issues.
- Basic certified knowledge of alcoholism and drug addiction recovery process.
- Ability to fluently read, write, and communicate in English.
- Possess a valid California Driver’s License and vehicle insurance
- Understanding of Drug Medi-Cal requirements/process (preferred)
- Experience working with Drug Medi-Cal clients a plus.
- Ability to perform comfortably, both mentally and physically, all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Being a Veteran is definitely a PLUS, but not required!
So, what comes with this gig?
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.