PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Our SUD Counselor / Case Manager is pivotal to the success of our clients. You will build rapport with our clients, trouble shoot barriers to treatment, and make sure each client is utilizing the components of his/her service plan.
- Meet with assigned clients weekly to do assessment, formulate treatment plan, make referrals, and provide counseling.
- Conduct initial and ongoing assessment of client needs and progress.
- Formulate and updates individual treatment plans.
- Conduct weekly counseling with individual clients.
- Refer clients as needed.
- Coordinate treatment with appropriate Therapist, employment counselor, and other VVSD staff on a regular basis as appropriate and/or as directed by supervisor(s).
- Perform crisis intervention.
- Review assigned case files weekly.
- Review Comprehensive Career Guide, Assessment tests, and Career Guide Summary with assigned clients.
- Review/authorize client passes.
- Escort clients to court and other appointments as appropriate.
- SUD Registered and/or Certified
- Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
- Minimum of a Bachelor in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of paid case management experience in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Prefer prior experience working with homeless population
- Knowledge of HMIS databases a plus!
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.