Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Assessment Specialist will meet with prospective VVSD applicants and perform an intake assessment, mental health screenings and provide recommendations regarding applicant’s appropriateness for admission to the rehabilitation center. Make referrals to appropriate medical, mental health and addiction services as needed. Attend weekly Intake Team meeting and perform other collateral responsibilities as assigned, including community outreach and conducting applicant interviews off site at Detox facilities, VA hospitals, San Diego county jails and other programs as necessary. Collaborate with Probation/Parole Officers, Attorneys, VVSD Intake team, and other necessary parties to coordinate client entry to program.
- • Greet prospective residents in a respectful and compassionate manner
- • Review completed Intake Application with applicant and assess appropriateness for admission to VRC
- • Identify physical/mental health, and addiction issues and make appropriate and timely referrals for services
- • Maintain accurate record keeping and complete summary report of Assessment findings including recommendation for admission or referral to outside resources
- • Perform community outreach to contact and screen prospective VVSD residents and complete applications off site.
- • Attend all staff meetings and trainings
- • Collaborate with Probation/Parole Officers, Attorneys, Detention Facility staff, VRC Intake team, and other necessary parties to coordinate client entry to program.
- • Attend weekly Intake Team meetings and perform other collateral responsibilities as assigned, including doing community outreach by taking applications off site at Detox facilities, VA hospitals, San Diego county jails and other programs as necessary.
- • Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Masters Level Intern or above with a working knowledge of mental health issues and Substance Use Disorders
• Experience in dealing with Veterans issues
• Ability to bend and lift light objects
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Seeing to read reports and data
• Ability to speak English
• Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.