Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is looking to fill the Associate Director, VRC-DMC position. The Associate Director will collaborate with the Program Director to ensure that all clients are receiving appropriate treatment while supporting the Program Director in day-to-day operations of DMC program in a manner that ensures the delivery of high quality, cost effective care in all service settings consistent with VVSD’s mission and in accordance with grant, and regulatory requirements.
- Assists the Program Director in supervising the DMC program.
- Prioritizes work according to departmental needs; determines workflow problems and develops solutions.
- Receives, sorts, analyzes, and summarizes material for the preparation of reports; maintains department records.
- Prepares advanced word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation documents as assigned including manuals, brochures, reports, budget documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assists in the development of program evaluation tools, techniques, and methods.
- Provide screening support to the Intake Coordinator as necessary.
- Ensure program staff is in compliance with all required trainings and other County requirements.
- Monitor and track program outcomes and provide reports on these outcomes to the Program Director.
- Present targeted education within the community on available programs and services available to veterans
- Develop collaborative relationships with other community organizations
- Provide emergency support to clients in crisis
- Assist the Program Director in the oversight of billing process
- Attend all required County meetings assigned by the Program Director and ensure relevant information is communicated to the Program Director and other program staff.
- Complete all reporting requirements as assigned by the Program Director.
- Assist the Program Director in ensuring the program is in compliance with County and State requirements.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- CAADC Required, LPHA preferred
- Knowledge of the operation of a Drug-Medi-Cal program, which includes Medi-Cal billing, treatment plans, and other documentation.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a residential treatment setting.
- Strong computer skills in: MS Word, excellent Excel skills, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Knowledge of ASAM methods and protocols, as well as electronic health records.
- Excellent written (grammar and spelling) and verbal skills
- Must be very detail oriented and organized
- Knowledge of analyzing data and submitting reports to meet deadlines
- Excellent professional phone skills
- Experience maintaining files and records both computerized and hard copy
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to prioritize and switch priorities at a moment’s notice
- Able to effectively interact, in a professional manner, with a variety of government agencies, state, county, city and federal
- Ability to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have privately owned vehicle, current driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.