PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Are you a Finance Professional who is looking for an amazing and rewarding work experience? Veterans Village is looking for employees who want to make a difference in the lives of our veterans. They served us, now it’s our turn to serve them! And we’ve been doing this for almost 40 years!
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) is responsible for all financial matters of Veterans Village of San Diego. The CFO will report to and work closely with the President and CEO. In addition, s/he will partner with the senior leadership and the board of directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. The CFO will oversee all compliance and recognition for government (federal and state) contracts and private grants. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing the Finance staff.
- In conjunction with the appropriate management staff, develop budgets and monitor actual results to budget on a monthly basis. Provide recommendations to executive, program, and development managers regarding the fiscal impact of management decisions.
- Participate in corporate strategy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Represent VVSD to financial partners, including financial institutions, donors, foundations, and other stakeholders
- Ensure that Human Resource policies and strategies are developed and implemented in a manner that mitigates risk and establishes VVSD as an employer of choice
- Manage IT personnel and ensure that agency hardware and software capabilities and procedures are matched to the needs of VVSD staff and compliant with stakeholder requirements. Ensure that safeguards are in place to protect the IT system from electronic and physical threats
- Monitor VVSD's actual financial results to budgets and provide fiscal guidance to the executive team to ensure that VVSD has the resources to sustain its mission
- Review and monitor VVSD's accounting policies and internal controls are developed in a manner that meets the needs of VVSD's staff and complies with Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures, Federal Regulations, and other funder requirements
- Oversee VVSD's cash flow to ensure that VVSD has the funds needed to fund current and future operations while minimizing cost of financing
- Develop and/or review capital and operating budgets for future projects to ensure that projections are reasonable. Advise the management team and board of directors regarding the fiscal impact of projects. Monitor implementation of projects to minimize the likelihood of cost overruns.
- Ensure that the Accounting, HR, and IT departments are appropriately staffed, trained, and managed in order to most effectively serve the employees and mission of VVSD.
- Master’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or a related business field and/or CPA.
- At least 10 years’ experience in high-level management within a commensurate non-profit setting, including prior experience leading change
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Prior experience supervising, coaching and mentoring a senior management team
- Experience raising funds from individuals, corporations and foundations
- A commitment to lead by example, passion for creating change, and dedication to the mission
- Experience with government grants a plus
- Veteran status a plus.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send your Resumes and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org