Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for a Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for a Trauma Therapist, Clinical Treatment to work with Part time Licensed Clinician to provide clinical services to homeless veterans in a residential treatment
program for alcohol and drugs. Target population is those veterans chronically mentally ill who have co-occurring disorders.
If you love working with veterans, desire to make a difference every day, perhaps this position is for you!
- Provide professional services to clients with special needs
- Work independently to deliver services
- Communicate with saff on client needs
- Maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
• Licensed LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or Clinical Psychologist with a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience.
• Understanding of trauma, PTSD, addiction issues, recovery, serious mental illness and co-occurring
• Ability to work with a diverse population and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Experience with the veteran population a plus.
• Experience with crisis intervention and medication management.
• Ability to bend and lift light objects
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Seeing to read reports and data
• Ability to speak English
• Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment