Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving veterans and other individuals to change their lives. It takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD has a great opportunity for a Database Associate. The Database Associate acts as technical expert for all VVSD’s databases for the agency and will be responsible for following guidelines and procedures for maintaining VVSD’s databases confidentiality, security, integrity, and availability of VVSD data assets. This role assists in development, administration and maintenance of VVSD’s databases to ensure compliance with County, State and Federal regulations and Drug Medi-Cal (DMC) requirements.
- Monitors VVSD’s databases for data integrity and implementation of data standards.
- Develops reports and makes recommendations for improving data quality and QI systems.
- Identifies database training needs and provides such trainings to ensure data accuracy.
- Develops database tutorials and instruction manuals to support staff in data collection.
- Develops the design and implementation of database tools & processes to support the programs and agency.
- Works with different database liaisons to ensure proper data accuracy.
- Provide end-to-end technical assistance and troubleshoots performance issues as needed.
- Provides technical support to all assigned programs as needed and requested.
- Assists in identifying and monitoring measures to ensure compliance and submits reports to program funders as needed.
- Creates accounts for all users and assign security levels.
- Evaluates data analysis models and procedures.
- Creates and manages database reports, visualizations and dashboards.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the regulation.
- Assists in developing and improving existing tools, training materials, policies and procedures and systems.
- Other duties as assigned by Director or designee.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in a computer science or related field preferred.
- Two years’ experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture or a related field, preferred.
- Two years of administrative experience preferred.
- Knowledge of HMIS, SANWITs and Apricot databases preferred.
- Proficiencies in all Microsoft products.
- Proficiencies in Electronic Health Record systems.
- Knowledge of analyzing data and submitting reports to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Excellent professional phone skills.
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to prioritize and switch priorities at a moment’s notice
- Able to effectively interact, in a professional manner, with a variety of government agencies, state, county, city and federal
- Ability to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have privately owned vehicle, current driver’s license and proof of current vehicle insurance
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
The Fine Print
* If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2
* Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran