Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is looking for a dynamic individual to fill the role of the Development and Communications Manager. The Development and Communications Manager is primarily responsible for promoting Veterans Village of San Diego and our activities, assisting the Development Director with fundraising events, and promotion.
If you are compassionate, flexible, resourceful, this is the position for you!
- Manage marketing and communications for VVSD activities on social media, our website, and other venues.
Responsible for writing grants and coordinating grant writing with department heads.
- Responsible for Donor newsletter and annual report.
- Develops and delivers branded collateral, presentations, marketing materials and communications; ensures consistent use of our brand, mission, and messaging.
- Organize and initiate contacts with media for interviews, statements, press releases, etc.
- Fosters relationships with outside vendors and key stakeholders
- Responsible for tracking fundraising donations and sending follow up correspondence with our donors as required.
- Experience working in a CRM system, such as Salesforce and Donor Perfect.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite with fundraising and database software programs, including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Excel Cloud based system, Spreadsheets, Power Point and Outlook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, or similarly-related degree.
At least 2 years' grant writing experience.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Working knowledge of computers
- Strong experience with Donor software systems, Donor Perfect preferred.
- Ability to write newsletters and collateral materials.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to work a flexible scheduled to include weekends and evenings
- Must have own vehicle, valid driver’s license, and current vehicle insurance
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.