Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career? Are you looking to make a difference in the world while putting your skills and training to work? Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for an Assistant supporting the Vice President of Development. If you are highly adaptable, excel within a fast paced, deadline driven, detail oriented, work environment, and are passionate about promoting VVSD’s mission, this is the position for you! Working with our veterans takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
- •Prepare Thank you letters, Newsletter, Media Releases
- •Marketing/ PR as requested
- •Donor research
- •Maintain database with target groups and reports as needed
- •Assist with grant proposal submissions as needed
- •Event support as needed
- •Promote and create content for VVSD’s social media platforms
- •Increase VVSD awareness through social media
- •Manage video and photo libraries for VVSD
- •Website design and maintenance
- •Perform additional duties, and special projects as required by VP of Development or designee
- •Basic understanding of Fund Development with development/donor gift processing experience
- •Experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Illustrator and CRM software
- •Excellent social media skills required
- •Excellent written and verbal skills required
- •Marketing and PR experience preferred
- •5 years Development experience preferred
- •Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills
- •Ability to work under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a positive attitude
- •Donor confidentiality required
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
- • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.