PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Are you a Development Professional who is looking for an amazing and rewarding work experience? Veterans Village is looking for employees who want to make a difference in the lives of our veterans. They served us, now it’s our turn to serve them! And we’ve been doing this for almost 40 years
As our Director of Development, a typical day will look like this:
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts such as bequest expectancies.
- Direct an annual fundraising program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives.
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Direct employee fundraising drives.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Work closely with President/CEO and the Board of Directors to increase fundraising opportunities.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about VVSD.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with other fundraising staff.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful in this position, you’ll need the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field, plus at least 5 years as a professional fundraiser.
- Proven experience raising private funding for nonprofit organizations and managing development personnel, preferably in an organization that focuses on military and/or veteran issues.
- Demonstrated experience with all facets of the role, including fundraising, proposal writing, special events, donor relations and engaging with private foundations
- Ability to raise 750% of your salary
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Ability to, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Able to work a flexible scheduled to include weekends and evenings
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send your Resumes and Cover Letter to email@example.com