PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Under the supervision of the Facilities Director, the Facilities Technician/Driver team member carries out various maintenance duties for all properties controlled by Veterans Village of San Diego as assigned by the Facilities Director or Facilities Coordinator.
- Carries out various maintenance duties for all properties controlled by Veterans Village of San Diego as assigned by Facilities Manager or assigned supervisor.
- Provides general labor as assigned by supervisor
- Keeps facilities supplied with necessities.
- Provides transportation of goods.
- Transports items to and from other off site locations.
- Transporting clients to and from meetings, seminars, and appointments.
- Runs errands as needed.
- Assist in the construction of projects.
- Participates in the set-up and knock-down of annual Stand Down.
- Obeys all traffic laws and drives defensively
- Maintain clean vehicle, free of clutter and trash
- Report any unusual wear and tear of the vehicle
- Report any incidents of damage to the vehicle
- Responsible for safety of all passengers, that passengers wear safety restraints
- Attend various trainings as assigned
- Use camera and/or written documentation for all incidents
- Ensure that vehicle is properly used only for business purposes
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- High School diploma and at least one (1) year of previous work experience in the area of Facilities
- Basic knowledge of NFPA—National Fire Protection Association’s Code.
- Knowledge of or interest in fixing things that are broken
- Veteran status preferred
- Ability to utilize independent judgment;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at a time and problem solve in an efficient manner
- Communicate orally and verbally in English
- Capable of learning new technology
- Show integrity to complete tasks according to standard operating procedures with little supervision
- Ability to sense and abate safety hazards
- Class B License is mandatory
- Must have clean DMV Record
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to operate Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send your Resumes and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org