Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Our veterans served us, now it’s our turn to serve them! If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
As our Grant Writer you will be responsible for writing and submitting grants that will fund various programs and initiatives here at VVSD.
A typical day for our Grant Writer will look like this:
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization
- Research grant opportunities from government and non-government agencies
- Draft grant proposals and supporting documents based on the funding requirements of the organization
- Submit proposals to internal personnel for approval
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities
- Establish and maintain relationships with community stakeholders in order to inform of strategic decisions and raise funds in furtherance of our mission.
- Act as liaison between Veterans Village of San Diego and public interests
- Actively identify and reach out to potential funders and other stakeholders
- Lead VVSD’s efforts to attract and retain corporate and foundation grants by identifying relevant opportunities and ensuring that successful proposals are submitted
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful in this position, you’ll need the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, creative writing or a related area (master's degree preferred)
- A minimum of two years’ experience in grant writing
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Proven track record of successful fundraising
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Working knowledge of computers
- Demonstrated experience with all facets of the role, including fundraising, proposal writing, special events, donor relations and engaging with private foundations
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must be able to work a flexible scheduled to include weekends and evenings
- Other duties as assigned
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send your Resumes and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org