Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Intake Coordinator for our SSVF program assists our clients with identifying housing barriers and overcoming and achieving the goal of permanent housing. If you are compassionate, flexible, resourceful, and dedicated in assisting our local veterans in overcoming these barriers, this is the position for you!
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Social Work or related field preferred
- At least 6 months paid experience in Human Services field preferred
- Experience with Service Point, or similar data management system a plus
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have good data entry skills
- Knowledge of HMIS a plus.
- Prefer prior experience working with homeless population
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in challenging situations
- Detail Oriented and able to keep track of many moving parts.
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Knowledge of community resources for veterans preferred
- Self-motivated and able to work with little oversight
- Team player
- Able to work with diverse population, including people presenting Substance Use Disorder and behavioral issues
- Basic understanding of veterans benefits and issues
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description
- Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods
- Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug screen
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Conduct in-depth assessment and intake assessment of all clients to determine program eligibility
- Identify housing barriers upon intake including but not limited to: tenant history, financial history, social supports, criminal history, employment history and other presenting barriers
- Prepare daily status reports and monthly reports
- Maintain demographic and other needed information regarding all clients seeking assistance
- Assess risks and appropriateness of applicants and provide recommendations/concerns to Program Director
- Assure that each applicant is provided appropriate services or referrals and utilizes program components that are consistent with the clients service needs
- Establish and maintain both an intake schedule and if needed, a waiting list for prospective clients
- Respond to queries from prospective clients and referral sources, in timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.