Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD has a great opportunity for an LPHA (Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts) to work with our VRC-DMC program. The LPHA evaluates client’s assessment and intake information. Verifies assessment and intake information is completed by a counselor. Establish/verifies client meets medical necessity criteria. Substance Use Disorder Diagnosis based on the DSM. Identifies of level of care based on ASAM.
LPHA documents the following;
- Client Admission
- Provider referral
- Medical Necessity
- Client health/psych/soc history
- ASAM Criteria
- Treatment Planning
- Progress notes
- Continuing services
- Discharge Planning
- (LPHA's ASAM criteria interviews will be conducted by Licensed Practitioners in the Healing Arts)—or by certified/registered alcohol and drug counselors and reviewed and approved by an LPHA.
- Staff performing the ASAM criteria interviews must at a minimum complete ASAM e-training Modules 1 (Multidimensional Assessment) and 2 (From Assessment to Service Planning) and provide evidence of successful completion to MHSUS prior to claiming for assessment services
- Provide assistance in maintaining or improving functioning when necessary to help a client achieve a rehabilitation goal as defined in the treatment plan
- Assist clients in gaining access to needed medical, social/behavioral, educational, and other services and supports
- Provide community-based case management activities to clients or to the LAR on behalf of the client.
- If applicable assists the licensed staff in co-facilitating Group Psycho-social Skills Training to recipients, as assigned
- Participates in staff training assignments, as requested
- Facilitates group sessions.
- Assess, review, monitor a recipients status in relation to rehabilitation
- Submit accurate, legible and complete client progress notes
- Participates in the agency's Performance Improvement initiative
- Attend/conduct all trainings, company and team meetings
- Understands, acknowledges and agrees to adhere to Medicaid.
- Acknowledges responsibility to participate in agency growth.
- Other duties as assigned by COO or designee
An individual who possesses any of the following licenses is considered a Licensed Practitioner of the Healing Arts (LPHA) and is automatically certified as a QMHP-CS:
- Physician Assistant
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (ASW/LCSW)
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT/LMFT)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (APC/LPC)
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
The Fine Print
* If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2
* Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran