PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans and their families. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Veterans Village of San Diego is the place to start!
We are looking for a dynamic individual to fill the role of Outreach Coordinator. With a concentrated focus on post-9/11 era veterans, active duty service members, and their family members, the Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for referral of clients to the Clinic through outreach to community partners including veteran-service organizations, military service organizations, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, law enforcement, educational institutions, the faith-based communities, and other local partners. The Outreach Coordinator will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach engagements as needed. This full time position will be based out of the Los Angeles clinic. The clinic will be located in the South Bay area of Los Angeles (between Long Beach and El Segundo).
If you are compassionate, results driven, and resourceful, this is the position for you!
- Conduct outreach with potential referral sources; foster positive ties with veteran, government, military, and community organizations.
- Develop and implement effective outreach strategies to match the specific aims of the Cohen Military Family Clinic.
- Host and attend clinic and community events as a representative of the Cohen Military Family Clinic.
- Report outreach efforts weekly to the Regional Outreach Coordinator and collaborate with clinical personnel, and Clinic Advisory Panel to continuously improve the outreach process.
- Adheres to internal controls established and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related degree, along with 2-3 years in outreach and marketing activities, preferred.
- Significant military experience, as well as prior experience in mental health outreach within community and/or veteran organizations. Marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outgoing, pleasant, professional manner;
- Ability to create and maintain contacts in the community; and clear articulation in providing informative presentations about the Cohen Military Family Clinic.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to present a friendly and positive demeanor to parents, school personnel, licensing, staff and the general public.
- Ability to make public presentations.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies.
- Ability to think analytically and evaluate the impact of decisions
- Ability to plan ahead several months to a year. Ability to keep various on-going projects organized and files maintained accurately.
- Ability to provide feedback in a respectful and constructive manner.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, Access; PowerPoint a plus. 70 WPM, 98% accuracy.
- Strong math skills, 10-key by touch, proof reading skills.
- Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies
- Local connections in region to target audience of veterans and military family members highly recommended.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid, paid sick leave and paid vacation.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.