The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then the Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Veterans Village of San Diego is the place to start!
Under the supervision of the Clinic Director, the Outreach Specialist will be responsible for referral of clients to the Cohen Clinic through outreach to community partners including veteran-service organizations, military service organizations, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, law enforcement, educational institutions, the faith-based community and other local partners. The Outreach Specialist will also participate in peer-to-peer communication, presentations, and other outreach engagements as needed. Recruitment will focus on reaching veterans who served in Iraq and Afghanistan wars and their family members.
- Conduct outreach with potential referral sources; foster positive ties with veteran, government, military and community organizations.
- Develop and implement effective outreach strategies to match the specific aims of the Military Family Clinic.
- Host and attend clinic and community events as a representative of the Military Family Clinic.
- Report outreach efforts weekly to the Clinical Director and collaborate with clinical personnel to continuously improve the outreach process.
- Adheres to internal controls established and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years experience in outreach and marketing activities.
- Significant military experience
- Prior experience in mental health outreach within community and/or veteran organizations is preferred.
- Local connections in San Diego to target audience of veterans and military family members highly recommended
- Marketing experience is highly desirable.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Outgoing, pleasant, professional manner
- Able to create and maintain contacts within the community
- Experienced in providing clear, informative, and articulate, presentations .
- Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance at such level as is determined in the employer’s sole discretion.
- Driver’s License with clear record.
- Must have daily use of a vehicle without prior notice.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency to conduct screenings and intakes at designated satellite locations.
- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
- Proficient knowledge of Word, Excel, Publisher, Access; PowerPoint a plus.
- 70 WPM, 98% accuracy.
- Strong math skills, 10 key by touch, proof reading skills.
- Knowledge of outreach and marketing strategies.
The following benefits are available to eligible VVSD employees: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.