Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving veterans and other individuals to change their lives. It takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD has a great opportunity for a Program Manager I. This role will monitor and assist in the administrative functions of the Transitional Housing program.
If you are committed to serving our veterans, this may be the job for you!
- Responsible for oversight of the billing process for the Transitional Housing program
- Manage day-to-day program tasks such as health and safety inspections of campus; employment readiness assessments
- Responsible for oversight of the coordinated outreach team
- Responsible for oversight of the coordinated intake team
- Responsible for coordination of the Cal-Fresh program; bus passes and other resident tasks.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Assists in the preparation of monthly reports.
- Onboard and manage AOD Interns and related tasks
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field preferred.
- CADC-1 with 2-3 years’ experience preferred
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, EXCEL and database management.
- Ability to communicate on all levels.
- Experience with veteran homelessness preferred.
- Must be able to, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Veteran Status a plus!
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Ability to speak English
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
The Fine Print
* If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2
* Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran