Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is looking for several Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Counselors who will offer treatment and care to our veterans. As the Program Supervisor, you will be secondarily responsible for the operation of our homeless shelter.
- • Assist the Director in assuring that the daily operations of the shelter are carried out.
- • Conduct initial and ongoing assessment of client needs.
- • Interface with our staff and various providers to ensure these needs are being met.
- • Work with providers through the Coordinated Entry System (CES) to ensure clients are connected to the appropriate resources.
- • Perform crisis intervention.
- • Review assigned case files weekly.
- • Checks data entries to verify the cleanliness and accuracy of program-related data.
- • Attend all VVSD staff trainings and meetings as required.
- • Other duties as assigned by the director.
- • Basic understanding of the military and/or the Veterans Administration.
- • At least one year of experience in supervising others.
- • Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- • Ability to work in and promote teamwork.
- • Ability to work professionally, cohesively, and collaboratively with staff, partners and with organizations serving the homeless community.
- • Ability to work flexible and sometimes unpredictable hours to include weekends.
- • Organized, detail-oriented and able to time manage.
- • Reliable transportation.
- • Prior experience working with homeless population.
- • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.