PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then The Cohen Veteran Network at VVSD is the place to start!
The Receptionist is responsible for registering and scheduling patients in the appropriate IT system, organizing daily patient schedules, triaging incoming patient reports to appropriate locations, answering phones, preparation of billing information for billing services, obtaining and documenting insurance pre-authorizations and pre-certifications, and facilitating physician and patient administrative needs.
If you are committed to positive outcomes, this is the position for you!
- Operate the main switchboard at the Cohen Clinic by routing calls, assisting with outgoing calls long distance calls, etc.
- Serves as the main receptionist for the Cohen Clinic, greeting and appropriately directing visitors and staff.
- Greet clients, copy photo identification and any insurance information for client file.
- Serves as primary back-up for Cohen Clinic staff in taking and distributing messages as needed.
- Reports problems with the telephone system to appropriate staff and coordinates with service personnel as needed to correct problems.
- Maintains current information on all clinic services and other community services to assist consumers, staff, and the general public in accessing the Cohen Clinic and other community services.
- Serves as general back-up to administrative support staff performing tasks such as faxing, preparing documentation for distribution internally or external mail out, copying, and meeting preparation.
- To properly direct calls to other locations/units/agencies.
- Cross-training support staff on switchboard coverage and mail operations.
- Serves as primary mail clerk for the clinic in the sorting and distribution of incoming mail, posting of outgoing mail, and daily mail pick-up and drop-off.
- Fax attendant, including retrieving, sorting, and distributing faxes to appropriate staff.
- Participate along with office manager in the managed care billing process responsibilities including discussion of insurance co-payment.
- Maintains a daily log of accounts receivable checks and consumer checks, mailed to the Cohen Clinic.
- Primary contact for external courier service.
- Supervises Shredder functions and staff and provides support as needed.
- Oversees functions of the day shift cleaning patrol and insurance coding and claims provides supervision as needed.
- Presents a professional image, maintaining a calm, professional manner knowing that some callers are consumers or family members and may be agitated, stressed, or present a difficult communication situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Good verbal communication skills, poise, and ability to handle high volume telephone duty.
- Typing, filing, and general office skills.
- PC literate with knowledge of MS software.
- Willingness to learn new functions.
- Prior experience within the military community and/or veteran administrative organizations.
- Strong consultative abilities, conflict-resolution skills, and leadership abilities.
- Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of goals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work including diverse interest groups including advocacy groups and other governmental organizations.
- Intermediate level on MS Excel, Email and word processing programs.
- Ability to utilize the Internet for resources.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.