Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Veterans Village of San Diego has a unique job opportunity for the right person or couple! We are looking for a Resident Manager to work 20 hours a week, or a couple to each work 10 hours a week at our Welcome Home Family Program.
The right person or persons will;
• Act as a liaison between the residents of the program and the program director.
• Be responsible for health and safety inspections
• Report maintenance issues to the Facilities Department
• Transport clients on an “as-needed” basis
• Attends weekly house meetings.
• Reside on site (an apartment at the facility with reduced rent is provided on premises so the individual(s) can interact with the clients)
• Attend to emergencies
• Handle any housing-related matters.
• Work flexible hours, which includes some nights and weekend.
The right Resident Manger candidate(s) will be able to meet these qualifications:
• Must be at least 21 years of age with a high school diploma.
• Veteran status is a plus, but not required
• Able to work with a diverse population
• Have excellent people skills.
• Ability to stand, stoop, crouch, kneel, climb, squat, and go up and downstairs.
• Ability to comfortably perform all tasks listed in the job description and other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
The Fine Print
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.