PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Senior Director is responsible for coordinating and directing all services for the residents in the programs. Developing and meeting the goals of all assigned contracts. Supervision of all assigned program staff. Actively networks within the recovery community and other service providers. This role will act as a representative of the agency in civic activities, as required.
If you are committed to positive outcomes for our veterans, this is the position for you!
- Responsible for meeting the objectives as set forth in funding contracts.
- Responsible for census and ensuring it is in compliance with VVSD standards
- Reports to governmental agencies as may be required by contract and/or regulations.
- Implements and supports all program guidelines and rules.
- Monitors budget and reporting requirements, and makes recommendations to the COO as needed
- Ensures assigned staff is trained on all aspects of the program and provides a platform for ongoing professional development.
- Represents VVSD in civic activities, as well as attends all program-related meetings in the continuum of care.
- Oversees all program-related events.
- Responsible for the overall safety and security of the site.
- Along with Clinical Director, plans and directs the Program’s class schedules.
- Support the development of grants and grant applications for the Program.
- Manages confidential client records by responding to subpoenas and requests from outside agencies.
- Ensures requests for medical records of residents and former residents are handled in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health or a related degree and at least 5 years’ experience managing a residential treatment program preferred
- CADC II certification preferred
- Understanding of issues that affect veterans, particularly homeless veterans
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description
- Must have privately owned vehicle, current driver’s license and current auto insurance
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.