PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Our Senior Operations and Compliance Manager is pivotal to the success of our programs. The Senior Operations and Compliance Manager is responsible for managing agency operations and ensuring program and fiscal compliance to support all VVSD programs and services.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensures overall organizational integrity through compliance with all local, state, federal, and other regulations
- Ensures compliance with San Diego Housing Commission agreements and covenants and maintains related documents
- Ensures integrity of agency shared drive and ensures proper storage of essential documents, contracts, agreements, and proprietary information to include educating agency staff on agency procedures for storing information
- Ensures program and financial compliance for each grant funded to include driving efforts for achieving performance goals, clean audits, and balanced budgets
- Functions in a leadership role across all programs and in support of the President & CEO and collaborates with other partners to support organizational success
- Researches funding and expansion opportunities from a compliance and fiscal perspective to include developing and completing feasibility assessments for use in making recommendations related to agency capacity.
- Strategizes with the management team from operations, compliance, and fiscal perspective to design, implement, and/or update programs and services to meet the needs of clients and the community
- Coordinates with Directors and Managers to prepare and submit reports as required for funder, regulatory entities, and internal purposes
- Performs grants management to include researching, preparing, and submitting grant applications, renewals, and modifications as needed to support program activities in collaboration with the Development department.
- Ensures client file and program data audits are conducted to ensure compliance with funders as well as organization standards
- Collaborates with Finance to prepare, modify, and monitor budget for all VVSD programs and contracted programs.
- Collaborates with Finance Department to forecast, strategize, and balance the budget
- Ensures all revenue and expenditures are allowable, allocable, and reasonable based on requirements for funding sources and general non-profit compliance to include following required procurement methods and collaborating with Accounting for proper recording
- Approves all site expenses to include overseeing distribution and accounting of petty cash, site credit cards, and other financial transactions ensuring internal controls are maintained
- Develops tracking and accountability tools in the way of spreadsheets, monthly and quarterly reports etc. and oversees tracking, collecting, and reporting of program rents & fees from program participants
- Ensures grant billings are in conformance with grants and budgets to include timely preparation, submission, and collection in collaboration with the Finance.
- Ensure agency licenses, permits, and insurance certificates are maintained as required by law This can and funders
- Supervises compliance staff and oversees their collaboration with the Program team to ensure database maintenance and data quality for accurate grant and program reporting, client information, donation tracking, etc.
- As a member of the executive team, collaborates with landlords, and property management on lease agreements/addendums and facility maintenance to ensure compliance with regulations to include health and safety codes
- Ensures agency Information Technology (IT) needs are met
- Coordinates with all departments to oversee and maintain agency inventory of supplies
- Supervises compliance, data, and support staff as assigned
- Develops policies and procedures as needed
- Completes monthly and quarterly reports as assigned by CEO
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Non-Profit Management, Public Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 4 years of operations management experience required, preferably with experience managing grants, finances, and compliance in a non-profit organization. At least 2 years in a leadership, management, or supervisory role required.
- Understanding of fund accounting and budgeting process
- Ability to work within a social services team environment yet maintain the “bottom line”
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of clients, staff, community members, and funders as well as work independently with minimal oversight
- Leadership, Supervisory, and Conflict Management Skills.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.