Are you looking for a rewarding and challenging career? Are you looking to make a difference in the world while putting your skills and training to work? Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for Case Managers to work with veterans at our Temporary Bridge Shelter! We are looking for employees who are passionate about changing the lives of veterans! Working at our Shelter takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start! Our Shelter Case Managers are responsible for developing professional and empathetic relationships while providing homeless individuals with connections to appropriate housing, programs and resources through one-on-one case management that develop individualized case plans that promote client progression towards obtaining and maintaining self-sufficiency.
Performs intake interviews, assessments and refers clients to appropriate community resources
- • Assesses the client’s needs, and arranges, coordinates, monitors, evaluates, and advocates for a variety of services to meet those complex needs
- • Assesses clients for employment, social security and disability insurance eligibility
- • Assists clients in identifying, enrolling and attending appropriate medical, substance abuse and therapeutic services.
- • Develops, implements and monitors client progress in executing individualized housing, financial and self-sufficiency plans.
- • Develops and maintains a productive case management relationship with the client, and meets with clients on a weekly or more frequent basis to review, evaluate and support completion of individualized action plans, and address unanticipated needs/ issue’s as they arise.
- • Provides ongoing intensive support to clients, which can include periodic evaluations, service coordination and crisis intervention.
- • Prepares, presents and documents client cases for case conferencing purposes
- • Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team that reviews client cases and develops action plans that meet the individual needs of each client.
- • Maintains case management documentation using HMIS in accordance with agency and best standard practices.
- • Completes accurate, thorough and typed progress notes in a timely manner
- • Uses case management software to document and keep all client activities up to date.
Education and Experience:
Any combination of training and experience that would provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in healthcare, psychology, sociology, social work, public administration, or a related field, and one (1) year of applicable job experience, or
- • Associates Degree with a focus on healthcare, psychology, sociology, social work, public administration, or a related field and two (2) years of applicable job experience, or
- • High school Diploma or GED and a minimum of a combined two (2) years of lived experience, and at least two (2) years of applicable job experience
- • Housing First, Trauma Informed Care, Conflict Resolution, Motivational Interviewing, Low Barrier Operations and Prevention and Diversion practices.
- • Theory, principles and practices of homeless housing interventions, social services, case management, eviction prevention, shelter diversion, and crisis intervention
- • Knowledge of all applicable Federal, State and local laws, codes, regulations, and departmental policies and procedures.
- • Principles and practices of data collection and report preparation.
- • Research, statistical, analytical and reporting methods, techniques and procedures.
- • Modern office practices including word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
- • Maintain confidentiality of sensitive personal information of applicants, current and former clients, landlords and other matters affecting tenant relations.
- • Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- • Effectively problem-solve and maintain composure in high-pressure situations.
- • Make accurate arithmetic, financial, and statistical computations