PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Under the supervision of the Controller, the Staff Accountant assists in managing all financial accounting operations, grant administration, and payroll, in adherence with GAAP, and ensuring organizational compliance with federal and state tax agencies, and VVSD's policies and procedures.
- Month-end review of all financial statements PRIOR to billings, correct/adjust as necessary.
- General bank reconciliation
- Payroll bank reconciliation
- Prepare and reconcile monthly general ledger accounts
- Determine and create master salary allocation, spreadsheet and entry
- Oversee payroll department functions
- Verify and process payroll
- Verify AP transactions and make specific corrections
- Track, verify and ensure fund billings are accurate and submitted by due dates
- Management reports, fund status update, accompanies the completion of billings
- AP allocations update & maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned by Controller/CFO
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- At least 3 years accounting work experience or some college course in accounting (non-profit accounting experience preferred)
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Experience working on a computer workstation
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and various accounting software
- Experience with a ten-key calculator by touch
- Very effective organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a positive attitude
- The highest attention to detail and level of accuracy
- Must have own transportation, valid driver's license, proof of car insurance and must be bondable
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.