Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving veterans and other individuals to change their lives. It takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD has a great opportunity for a Trauma Therapist. The Trauma Therapist position is a part-time Licensed Clinician opportunity. This role will provide individual and/or group therapy and other clinical services to homeless veterans in a residential treatment program for substance use and other co-occurring mental health disorders.
- Responsible for providing quality therapeutic services to veterans in the VA Special Needs Grant for the chronically mentally ill.
- Completes a Comprehensive Clinical Assessment for each new resident assigned for treatment.
- Provides ongoing weekly individual and group therapy, and make appropriate clinical interventions with veterans assigned to the grant.
- Maintains case documentation in a complete and timely manner.
- Develops collaborative, individualized treatment plans for each veteran in the grant which are reviews and updated every 90 days.
- Refers veterans to outside resources and makes referrals to support groups as needed to augment their mental health treatment.
- Participates in the weekly Clinical Treatment Team meeting where client issues are discussed, treatment approaches are reviewed, and legal and ethical issues are resolved and progress in the treatment program is evaluated.
- Coordinates care with VRC-GPD Program Director, SUD counselors/case managers, employment services staff, other therapists, trainee, and interns.
- Is available to staff for emergency consults if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- LMFT, LCSW or LPCC with a minimum of 3 years clinical experience.
- Experience in a residential treatment setting a plus.
- Knowledge of and experience with serious mental illness, mood disorders, psychosis, personality disorders, trauma, Post Traumatic Stress, and attachment disorder.
- Knowledge of and experience with addiction, recovery, psychopharmacology, homelessness, military culture, and co-occurring disorders.
- Supportive of the 12 Step principles and practices and be familiar with local 12 Step resources.
- Ability to read, write, and fluently communicate in English.
- Respectful of clients, staff and interns and trainees.
- Ability to be a team player while also maintaining professional integrity and standards.
- Experience with the veteran population a plus.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Seeing to read reports and data.
- Ability to speak English.
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
The Fine Print
* If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2
* Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran