Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then Veterans Village of San Diego is the place to start!
VVSD has an immediate need for a Trauma Therapist. The Trauma Therapist provides Trauma services and support to those experiencing emotional or behavioral mental health concerns. This is a part time (10 hours per week), hourly non-exempt position .
- Provide professional services to clients with special needs
- Work independently to deliver services
- Communicate with staff on client needs
- Maintain confidentiality when handling sensitive information
- Perform all other duties, as assigned
• Licensed LMFT, LCSW, LPCC or Clinical Psychologist with a minimum of 3 years of clinical experience.
• Understanding of trauma, PTSD, addiction issues, recovery, serious mental illness and co-occurring
• Ability to work with a diverse population and be part of a multidisciplinary team.
• Experience with the veteran population a plus.
• Experience with crisis intervention and medication management.
• Ability to bend and lift light objects
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Seeing to read reports and data
• Ability to speak English
• Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid , paid sick leave and paid vacation, health insurance, vision and dental plans, pension plan.
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.