Provides security and handles emergencies for entire facility. Maintain a written log of all activities that occur in facility during shift. Provides peer support, clerical and administrative assistance. Performs and supervises urinalysis collection and other duties as assigned supervisor
• Provides security and handles emergencies for entire facility.
• Monitors resident sign-in /out logs and passes.
• Greets visitors upon arrival on campus
• Monitors visitors sign-in /out logs.
• Screens resident passes.
• Walks compound and inspects buildings and surrounding areas for general security. (Are the doors and gates locked)
• Walks compound and inspects buildings and surrounding areas for safety hazards and
• Responds to all emergency or security issues that occur during designated shift.
• Contacts emergency first responders or police when appropriate.
• Keeps staff informed of all issues concerning clients.
• Immediately notifies supervisory staff when necessary.
• Maintains written log of all activities for entire facility.
• Records in written log, findings and any corrective measures taken of periodic security and safety inspections.
• Records in written log events involving clients or visitors that are out of the ordinary.
• Monitors medications and written medication logs.
• Provides assistance to staff.
• Assures compliance with established rules and guidelines issuing write-ups
• Provides peer support as needed.
• Performs duties of clerical and administrative assistance.
• Performs data entry when needed.
• Answers phones and logs phone messages.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Basic understanding of the military
• Must be able to fluently, read, write and communicate in English
• Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Must be able to comfortably walk up and down stairs, walk for extended periods of time, sit for periods of time
• Valid California Driver’s License and current vehicle insurance
• CPR and First Aid training certification (VVSD will train if applicant does not have this)
• Veteran preferred!
• Must be able to work within a diverse population and staff
• Must be willing and able to perform urinalysis collection
• Candidate must pass criminal background check and drug screen
Veterans Village of San Diego has the following benefits: 12 paid holidays a year, paid time off between Christmas and New Year’s Day, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.