PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The SSVF Case Manager meets with assigned clients regularly to complete a full assessment of the client’s physical, mental and social needs, life skills, competency, employability, educational needs, and other necessary areas. Referrals are made according to the needs of the client. This role is integral in ensuring each client utilizes program components that are consistent with the client’s service plan.
If you are committed to positive outcomes for our veterans, this is the position for you!
- Conducts initial and ongoing assessment of client needs and progress
- Maintains complete client records in accordance with agency and best practice standards
- Conducts regular case management meetings
- Performs crisis intervention
- Reviews, weekly, assigned case files
- Refers clients, as appropriate to their individual needs, to outside resources (e.g. medical, dental, mental health, legal, social services, veterans’ benefits, etc.)
- Interfaces with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress
- Maintains all required documentation in HMIS
- Attends weekly SSVF Staff Meeting and exchanges information with other staff regarding client needs
- Attends all VVSD Staff training(s) and meetings as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Basic understanding of the military and the Veterans Administration
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred
- Minimum of 6 months of paid case management experience in Human Services, Social Work, or related field preferred.
- Prefer prior experience working with the homeless population
- Knowledge of the HMIS database is a plus!
- Knowledge of the Housing First approach is a plus!
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods of time
- Valid California drivers license and up to date vehicle insurance
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.