Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving veterans and others individuals to help change their lives. It takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD has a great opportunity for a Program Manager, DMC. This role will assist the DMC Director in managing the day-to-day responsibilities required for the operation of the VRC-DMC programs.
If you are committed to serving our veterans, this may be the job for you!
- Supervise the alcohol and drug counselors, other support staff, and supports administrative supervision of Licensed Practitioners of Healing Arts (Masters Level Clinicians).
- Manage day-to-day operations of the program
- Ensure coordinated services with front office and veterans programs
- Case Manager file audit and overview. Assist with data base issues
- Train AOD counselors on Drug Medi-Cal paperwork
- Attend and facilitate required organizational and program meetings.
- Assist with program monthly reports.
- Ensure agency-wide and DMC policies are followed
- Cover for the DMC Director in their absence
- Assist in recruitment and interviewing of program staff
- When needed manage a small caseload of clients
- Facilitate Crisis interventions of a 24/7 program with residents and staff
- Coordinates group and staff coverage
- Assist with client programs and support client initiatives.
- Assists with program improvements
- Other duties as assigned
- LCSW, ASW, LMFT, AMFT, LPCC, APCC, with 1 year of substance use disorder experience or RADT or
- CADC-1 or higher with 2-5 years experience
- Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office, EXCEL, and database management.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of leadership.
- Strong Clinical Skills
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must be able to, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Veteran Status a plus!
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Ability to speak English
- Competitive pay
- Generous vacation and sick time, as well as 12 Holidays
- Health insurance, dental and vision plans, as well as participation in the 403(b)
The Fine Print:
- If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years
- Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.