Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD is looking for a results-oriented individual to fill the role of SSVF Intake Coordinator. The SSVF Intake Coordinator meets with clients and assesses their eligibility and readiness to work with the SSVF Program.
If you are compassionate, flexible, resourceful, this is the position for you!
- Conduct in-depth assessment and intake assessment of all clients to determine program eligibility
- Identify housing barriers upon intake including but not limited to tenant history, financial history, social supports, criminal history, employment history, and other presenting barriers
- Prepare daily status reports and monthly reports
- Maintain demographic and other needed information regarding all clients seeking
- Develop new resources for un-met client needs and program expansion in conjunction with SSVF case managers
- Conduct outreach to various community-based programs and organizations to discuss referrals and attend community-based and program based meetings
- Assure that each applicant is provided appropriate services or referrals and utilizes program components that are consistent with the client's service needs
- Establish and maintain both an intake schedule and if needed, a waiting list for prospective clients
- Respond to queries from prospective clients and referral sources in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Social Work or related field preferred.
- At least 6 months of paid experience in the Human Services field preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have good data entry skills
• Knowledge of HMIS a plus.
• Prefer prior experience working with the homeless population
• Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in a challenging situation• Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
• Prefer knowledge of community resources for veterans
• Self-motivated and able to work with little oversight
• Team player
• Able to work with diverse population
• Basic understanding of veterans’ benefits and issues
• Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
• Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job
• Must be able to sit comfortably for long periods
• Valid California driver’s license, current vehicle insurance
• Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen
• Ability to bend and lift light objects
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
• Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
• Seeing to read reports and data
• Ability to speak English
• Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.