Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
We have a dynamic opening for a Telehealth Coordinator. The Telehealth Coordinator facilitates telehealth related tasks to ensure residents have full and consistent access to individual therapy sessions, Intake meetings with VA Liaisons and assessments for Special Needs services.
- Reviews daily schedule in order to determine number of sessions planned for the day
- Serves clients by welcoming, greeting and directing them to appropriate location
- Coordinates start of scheduled appointment between client, therapist and/or VA Liaison
- Connects client and therapist/staff via remote access
- Monitors telehealth equipment by checking out and into clients at session times
- Escorts clients to and from sessions at scheduled appointment times
- Sanitizes telehealth equipment prior to checking out to next client
- Other tasks as assigned by Supervisor
- High School diploma and at least one-year experience in an office setting
- Strong initiative and solid work ethic
- Basic experience using devices (e.g. iPad, Tablet, etc.) to provide telehealth services
- Ability to work independently with diverse population
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and effectively manage competing priorities
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.