PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
The Veterans Services Ambassador provides security and handles emergencies for the entire facility. This role is responsible for providing peer support and assistance to staff and also includes clerical and administrative assistance duties, while also maintaining written logs for the entire facility,
If you are committed to serving our veterans, this is the position for you!
Provides security and handles emergencies for the entire facility.
- Monitors resident sign-in /out logs and passes.
- Monitors visitor's sign-in /out logs.
- Screens resident passes.
- Periodically walks compound and inspects buildings and surrounding areas for general security. (Are the doors and gates locked, etc…)
- Periodically walks compound and inspects buildings and surrounding areas for safety hazards and maintenance concerns.
- Responds to all emergency or security issues that occur during designated shift
- Contacts emergency responders or police when appropriate.
- Keeps staff informed of all issues concerning clients.
- Immediately notifies supervisory staff when necessary.
Maintains written log of all activities for the entire facility.
- Records in the written log, findings, and any corrective measures taken of periodic security and safety inspections.
- Records in written log events involving clients or visitors that are out of the ordinary.
- Monitors medications and written medication logs.
Provides assistance to staff.
- Inspects premises for completion of assigned chores.
- Assures compliance with established rules and guidelines issuing write-ups when necessary.
- Provides peer support.
- Provides peer support as needed.
Performs duties of clerical and administrative assistance.
- Performs clerical and administrative duties as directed.
- Performs data entry when needed.
- Answers phones and logs phone messages.
- Operates standard office equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Prefer prior experience working with the homeless population
- Knowledge of HMIS databases is a plus!
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in challenging situations
- Able to change priorities at a moment’s notice
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Send your Resumes and Cover Letter to email@example.com