PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
Our SUD Counselor meets with assigned clients weekly to complete assessments, formulate treatment plans and provide counseling and case management services. He/she will ensure each client is provided appropriate services and utilizes program components consistent their respective treatment plan. The SUD Counselor also interfaces with other staff as appropriate regarding client needs and progress.
If you are committed to positive outcomes, this is the position for you!
- Meet with assigned clients weekly to monitor progress, formulate treatment plans, and provide counseling and case management.
- Coordinate treatment with clinical team and other VVSD staff as appropriate.
- Perform crisis intervention.
- Facilitate weekly classes and groups as assigned.
- Review and manage assigned case files.
- Refer clients to outside resources as needed.
- Develop and deliver case presentations at clinical staff meetings to introduce new clients.
- Monitor medication use.
- Collect and handle urine drug screen specimens.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Completion of AOD internship; Registered RADT; AOD Certification preferred
- Responsible for maintaining professional certification(s).
- Basic understanding of the homeless veteran population.
- Knowledge of HMIS databases a plus.
- Ability to prioritize competing responsibilities and thrive in challenging situations.
- Must be able to fluently read, write and communicate in English.
- Must be able to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Veteran Status a Plus.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.