PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
Veterans Village is looking for employees who want to make a difference in the lives of our veterans. They served us, now it’s our turn to serve them! And we’ve been doing this for almost 40 years!
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for processing monthly grant/fund billing, managing/recording monthly rental payments, keeping accurate accounting records, and reconciling the monthly account analysis. The employee is responsible for developing, maintaining, and updating the records with minimal supervision and direction. The position is also responsible for working with the Controller and CFO to verify accuracies of general ledger, accounting recording and files.
If you love to learn new things and want to be part of something bigger, by way of supporting our staff in assisting our local veterans in their journey to overcoming barriers, this is the position for you!
- Processing the monthly billing/invoice for various grants
- Updating grant billing with budgets, actuals, and reconciling monthly expenditures
- Reconciling and coding credit card expenditures
- Updating the monthly Account Analysis and general ledger bookkeeping
- Assist with preparing tax documents
- Records rent receivables monthly in Rent Manager & prepare rent roll
- Create journal entries as needed or as assigned by the Controller/CFO
- Perform other duties as assigned by Controller/CFO
- Some college course work in finance or accounting and/or at least 2-3 years of accounting work experience (preferably working with nonprofits not required)
- Bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Experience working on a computer workstation
- Experience with Microsoft office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, and various accounting software
- Experience with a ten-key calculator by touch
- Very effective organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints while maintaining a positive attitude
- Highest attention to details and level of accuracy
- Must have own transportation, valid driver's license, proof of car insurance and must be bondable
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.