PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving veterans and other individuals to change their lives. It takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then VVSD is the place to start!
VVSD has a great opportunity for a Clinical Associate (AMFT/APCC/ACSW), to work with our VRC-DMC program. The Clinical Associate provides assessment, intake, group therapy, treatment planning, crisis intervention, individual therapy, and coordination with other providers to assist clients in reaching their goals.
Residential Treatment Documentation;
- Client intake, orientation, and assessment functions necessary to complete admission supporting medical necessity of client admission to residential treatment program; this process includes documenting the client diagnosis, treatment plan, progress notes, continuing services, and discharge planning.
- Evaluation/screening supporting continuing stay criteria based on ASAM Criteria
- Ensure adherence to DMC-ODS case notes standards,
- Treatment planning using the ASAM Criteria at regular intervals following the initial assessment to measure progress and discharge planning
- Client referral to requested/needed medical, social/behavioral, educational, and other services and supports
Assist in Client Progress by;
- Providing assistance in maintaining or improving functioning to help a client achieve goals as defined in the treatment plan
- Assisting clients in gaining access to needed medical, social/behavioral, educational, and other services and supports
- Participating in staff training assignments, as requested
- Facilitating group sessions.
- Assessing, reviewing the clients treatment plan
- Participating in the agency's Performance Improvement initiative
- Attending/conducting all training, company, and team meetings
- Working in collaboration with SUD counselors and the rest of the treatment team in a 24/7 residential program.
- Understanding, acknowledging, and agrees to adhere to Medical protocols.
- Oversight of client charts
- Acknowledgment of responsibility to participate in agency growth.
- Other duties as assigned by COO or designee
An individual who possesses any of the following licenses is considered a Clinical Associate
- Licensed or registered Social Worker (ASW/LCSW)
- Licensed or registered Marriage and Family Therapist (AMFT/LMFT)
- Licensed or registered Professional Counselor (APCC/LPCC)
- Ability to comfortably, both mentally and physically, perform all aspects of the job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Must have privately owned vehicle, current driver’s license, and proof of current vehicle insurance
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- ASAM Certification
- Veteran Status a Plus!
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Must be able to work in a noisy, busy environment.
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.