PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at VVSD is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then The Cohen Veteran Network at VVSD is the place to start!
The Clinician providess evidence-based treatment to active duty service members, veterans, particularly those who served in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and their families. This position is based in a face-paced clinic and requires 65% utilization. This role requires training in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and prior experience offering treatment in a measurement-based, time-limited treatment environment. Qualified candidates will be proficient in providing individual, couples, and family therapy, with an emphasis on delivering evidence-based care. Certification or documented proficiency in one or more in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT, CBT-I, and CPT are required at time of hire or within a year of employment. Familiarity with Electronic Health Records is preferred.
If you are committed to positive outcomes, this is the position for you!
- Provide evidence-based treatment and assessment for veterans and their families.
- Performs and documents patient’s screenings, psychosocial assessments, and progress and referral information. Conduct clinical intake assessments on veterans and family members as needed. Provide individual, couples, and family psychotherapy to patients, with a focus on delivering evidence-based treatments.
- Collaborates and coordinates with the caregiver, physician, director, case management, and all other disciplines to provide the best care to patients as needed.
- Attend weekly clinical, supervision, and administrative meetings.
- Provide services via telehealth platform, as required.
- Participates in quarterly peer reviews
- Maintains compliance with timely documentation in Medical Record System
- Complies with CARF standards throughout client care and documentation
- Perform other duties as required.
- Demonstrate exceptional client-center care
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively via oral or written means.
- Ability to remain calm and maintain self-control in the midst of difficult circumstances and emergencies. Ability to respond in a professional manner in all situations.
- A Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) or (Psy.D.) degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an APA accredited psychology program; Master’s degree in social work and licensed to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); or a Master’s degree in counseling and licensed to practice as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); or a Master’s degree in marriage and family therapy and licensed to practice as a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT). 2 years of licensure preferred.
- Must be able to be credentialed for TriWest and Tricare insurance panels
- Experience with documentation for billing purposes is preferred.
- A minimum of three years experience. Experience working with adults, children, couples, and families is required; Knowledge in DSM-V diagnoses is required; Experience in PTSD diagnosis and treatment is required; Certification or documented proficiency in one or more of the following EBPs: PE, CBT, and CPT are required. Experience working with military populations and/or Veterans is strongly preferred; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Must be available and willing to travel to various locations and with such frequency as the business need dictates. Must be available and willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required to meet business needs.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• • If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• • Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.