PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just another Job!
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Veterans Village of San Diego is looking for employees who are passionate about serving all veterans and their families. Changing the life of a vet takes a whole lot of work. It also takes dedication and commitment to our motto: Leave No One Behind. But the rewards are out of this world! We work hard, but we also enjoy having fun together. If you wish to be a part of this team and are ready to work for a cause, not just a paycheck, then The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Veterans Village of San Diego is the place to start!
We are looking results driven organizational wiz to fill the role of Business Office Manager. The Business Office Manager is a key member of the Cohen Clinic and will oversee clinic and financial operations. This position will report the Senior Office Manager and Clinic Director, accordingly.
If you are a compassionate, results oriented leader, this is the position for you!
- Ensures that the Clinic is in compliance with VVSD’s and Cohen Veterans Network (CVN) policies and procedures
- Works as the liaison between the Clinic, VVSD’s Finance Department and CVN’s Revenue Cycle Management Department
- Manages the Clinic’s fiscal operations (i.e., budgeting, accounts receivables and payables, reconciliations, financial reporting, etc.)
- Works with the Intake Coordinator and Clinic Director to coordinate the managed care billing process, managing local relationships with 3rd party insurance and ensuring that the Clinic is in compliance with contractual and reimbursement policies
- Works with CVN Central to coordinate the credentialing of each clinician (CAQH) for 3rd party insurance
- Maintains and monitors all financial records to ensure accuracy, completeness of data and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations
- Assists clients with billing-related matters; assisting clients and/or staff in resolving insurance-related problems, including reviewing financial attestation forms and verifying insurance
- Establishes policies and procedures regarding risk management and business continuity
- Collaborates with clinic staff and CVN regarding financial data collection, trend analysis, research, reporting, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or demonstrated progress toward a bachelor’s from accredited college or university with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- At least 5 years of experience working with 3rd-party payers, coding, billing, posting, and adjudication of claims
- At least 3 years of experience collecting, analyzing and reporting financial data
- Demonstrated knowledge about the appropriate and effective use of protected health information, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) of 1996 and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act.
- Excellent customer service
- Must been able to work independently or as part of a team, anticipate problems and generate solutions and demonstrate flexibility and sensitivity when engaging with staff and clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to digest and distill complex subjects into clear messages
- Demonstrated success establishing relationships with customers, members of the community, the Board, and team members at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage the strengths of diverse teams (both internal and external), coach, mentor, and hold team accountable to achieve results.
- Proven capacity to listen actively and synthesize multiple pieces of disparate information into a coherent vision that aligns with the organization’s strategy and move it to successful operationalization.
- Ability to juggle multiple opportunities to drive results on several important projects simultaneously.
- Ability to bend and lift light objects
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard
- Capable of hearing and speaking to exchange information
- Seeing to read reports and data
- Ability to speak English
- Ability to work in a noisy, busy environment
The Fine Print
* If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2
* Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran