PURSUE YOUR PASSION, Not Just Another Job!
Veterans Village is looking for employees who want to make a difference in the lives of our veterans. They served us, now it’s our turn to serve them! And we’ve been doing this for almost 40 years!
VVSD is looking for a Resident Manager for our Bridge Housing Program. Our employees must be passionate about giving veterans a hand up, not just a handout. If you love working with veterans and are looking for a rewarding career, this may be the position for you!
If you love to learn new things and want to be part of something bigger, by way of assisting our local veterans in their journey to overcoming barriers, this is the position for you!
- Responds to emergencies at any time
- Assesses the situation and calls an appropriate individual or agency Immediately notifies the Program Director
- Fills out an incident report and gives it to the Program Director
- Attends and assists in the weekly community meeting
- Answers any questions or concerns of residents
- Attends resident council meeting.
- Meets with the resident council and Program Director 45 minutes prior to the community meeting
- Discusses any problems within the community
- Assists residents as needed.
- Performs random bed checks
- Welcomes new residents and issues them linen and keys for their assigned apartment
- Gives guidance to residents when needed
- Assigns and supervises weekly chores
- Performs weekly inspection of the compound
- Ensures resident compliance with lease agreement and community standards.
- Reports any violation of the lease agreement Reports any violation of the Resident Handbook
- Reports any serious violations to the Program Director ASAP
- Conducts random urinalysis testing of residents and fills out proper documentation
- Makes Health and Safety Inspections.
- Reports all violations to the Program Director.
- Able to work with a diverse population
- Must be over 21 years of age
- Ability to fluently read, write and communicate in English
- Previous experience in a recovery environment
- Willing and able to perform random urinalysis tests
- Excellent people skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends and nights
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Able to stand, stoop, crouch, kneel, climb, squat, and go up and downstairs in order to inspect offices and residences for Health and Safety violations.
- Able to comfortably perform all tasks listed in the job description and other duties as assigned by supervisor/program director
VVSD offers competitive pay and benefits including 12 paid holidays a year, paid vacation and paid sick leave, pension, health insurance, dental and vision plans.
• If you were a client of VVSD, you must have been out of all programs for a minimum of 2 years.
• Veterans Village of San Diego is an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.