If you are a veteran in need of employment and training assistance, you have come to the right place. Our Employment Advisors will provide you with individual attention and guidance throughout your job search.
Over the past three decades, VVSD has developed an extensive network of businesses, employment agencies and training resources.
At this location you can access assistance with programs which:
- Reintegrate homeless veterans into society by helping them find meaningful employment.
- Helps recently separated service members assess career options and secure employment.
Services may include:
- Job training and job placement
- Assessment and referrals
- Short-term vocational training
- Transportation assistance
- Financial help to pay for tools and clothing for work
Metro Enrollment Process
The enrollment process consists of an Orientation and Assessment testing. No appointment is necessary.
- Orientation every Thursday at 11 a.m.
- Assessment testing every Friday at 8:00 a.m.
The Orientation will inform you in detail of our services, the eligibility requirements, and procedures for enrollment. You must attend an Orientation prior to taking the Assessment test. The Assessment test measures aptitude, abilities and skill levels. While carefully considering your interests and values, our staff will help you determine the occupations in which you may be most successful.
Interested in hiring a veteran? Please contact Esperanza Griffin, VVSD’s director of employment services.