Veterans Village of San Diego Employment and Training
One of the biggest hurdles facing veterans is transitioning into civilian life and finding work. They are often at a loss as to how to transfer their military skills into meaningful careers in the civilian world.
VVSD makes it a top priority to provide employment and training services to veterans of all eras. It doesn’t matter if you are homeless, suffer from substance abuse, were either separated from the military decades ago or just in the last few weeks.
If you are a veteran struggling to find a job, or need job training, we are here to help.
VVSD recognizes one of the best ways to prevent homelessness among veterans is to provide them with the resources to find work that matches their skills and interests. Employment assistance is a critical component of the continuum of care we offer veterans to help them regain self-sufficiency.
We regularly run workshops on resume writing, interviewing skills, and job search techniques. Our funding allows us to pay for job training, transportation, tools and even clothing for veterans seeking full time employment.
VVSD’s Employment Programs:
- Homeless Veterans Reintegration Program (HVRP): Funded by the U.S. Department of Labor, this program focuses on reintegrating homeless veterans into society by helping them find meaningful employment.
- Veterans Employment-Related Assistance Program (VEAP): Funded by private grants from corporations such as Chase Bank, Prudential Insurance, and USAA Federal Savings Bank; these programs provide employment assistance, including funding for job training, specifically for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.
- Programs for Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans: Funded by private grants from the Prudential Insurance and USAA Federal Savings Bank, these programs provide employment assistance, including funding for job training, specifically for Iraq and Afghanistan veterans.
VVSD Employment Services Locations:
- San Diego – HVRP and VEAP Program
- Escondido- North County (760) 740-5558
VVSD’s services include career assessments and guidance, job search and training assistance and other supportive services(clothing, tools, transportation, etc.) as necessary to ensure job readiness and successful placements.
If you know a veteran who is in need of employment or training assistance, please refer them to one of our sites.
Mission: Veterans Village of San Diego serves America’s veterans in overcoming homelessness and related challenges.